Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weather Forecast!!

Today reminds me of the Chorus of the old song....
Blue Skies
Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

Green Grass- no song!  Well, there is the Green, Green Grass of home but I'm thinking of Verdant... the green of grass or fields. (The absolute most verdure place I've ever seen is Kansas. Everything seems technicolor green. Everywhere!! When our Grandson visited us in Washington, and I consider where we live so green, he commented on how brown things were. The Wizard of Oz lived in Kansas, in The Emerald City. Makes sense to me!!)

Nearby Beauty-The Eye Clinic waiting room has a great window view of carefully planted bushes, shrubs, trees, flowers, lawn- all artfully planted against a rock wall.  The taller trees appeared to be a part of the landscape but they were actually clear across a street, that couldn't be seen, from where I was sitting.  As I sat there looking at how gorgeous the view was, the top floor of a building vaguely appeared.  It was shaded and the view obstructed, from my vantage point, unless you really focused.  It reminded me of the great and spacious building in Lehi's dream.  There are constant visuals of scripture stories all around us.  

My Area-I love this valley where we live- weather wise and otherwise.  It's been called a Fruit Bowl or a Salad Bowl because of the abundance of acres of locally grown food.  It's also billed as Wine Country.  As a follower of the 89th Section of the Doctrine & Covenants, I don't imbibe in the bubbly but do enjoy fresh grape juice.  The vineyards are just gorgeous with all sorts of grape varieties growing. Miles and miles and miles of acreage. Coupling that with the eye-appealing beauty of the fruit orchards, planted straight lined, making patterns like a well-thought out quilt pattern and not to be overlooked... low lying fields with melons galore and assorted berry patches.  Corn.  Asparagus. Well, it's just an amazing place!!

In Alaska we lived in a fishing area and that incredible beauty is much more rugged than this rolling gentleness.  There we had crab pots stacked near Processing Plants/Canneries.  They were as high as the fruit bins that are stacked near the Cold Storage Warehouses here.  The privilege of living in an area that is involved in supplying foodstuffs, be it fish or fruit or vegetables or whatever, makes for a back to nature experience for sure.  I appreciate all of it!

Right now our area is a little bubble of safety and gorgeous weather. I'm soaking all of this comfortable wonder up right now.  I'm enjoying this season and am appreciative of the 4 distinct seasons we have.  Each with their own beauty and diversity.  I read, hear and TV peek at other areas in our country and throughout the world.....Such stress and devastation they are suffering and enduring!  My heart goes out to them. I know our turn will come, to experience some uniting times, through the toughness of Mother Nature.

While living in this Telestial world, every tree and flower and bit of beautiful vegetation, is a heavenly reminder, that I live in the midst of remnants of the Garden of Eden.  A world filled with both the hope and brightness of the Gospel restoration, along with being fully engaged in the horrific prophesied events of the last days.  All of these events, both the good and the bad, are preparatory for the return to the earth of the Savior.  The knowing...the telling... gives us warning and comfort.
~~~~~~

Elder M. Russell Ballard said in 2010....

"I'm telling you what the Savior said would be the signs of the acceleration towards that day when He shall come," he said. "We could stay here for a couple of hours talking about all of the prophecies of what will occur in the last days. We're in the last days — you can quote me on that. And it is moving more rapidly."

"Mother Nature is letting its power be seen throughout the world at a more accelerated pace"
~~~~~
In the midst of all the upheavals I hear the voice of peace and feel it in my heart and am calm.  This Hymn is one I searched for as I couldn't remember the name of it.  I knew it had the word verdant. 

 

The Lord My Pasture Will Prepare

(Sung Gently)
1. The Lord my pasture will prepare
And feed me with a shepherd’s care.
His presence will my wants supply,
And guard me with a watchful eye.
My noonday walks he will attend
And all my silent midnight hours defend.

2. When in the sultry glebe I faint,
Or on the thirsty mountain pant,
To fertile vales and dewy meads
My weary, wand’ring steps he leads,
Where peaceful rivers, soft and slow,
Amid the cooling verdant landscape flow.
Text: Joseph Addison, 1672–1719
Music: Dmitri Bortniansky, 1751–1825


No comments: