Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ready!!!!

I love a clothesline and that is a story for another time, when things are a bit more relaxed around here.  The last part of getting things ready is to air all the bedding and pillows and Jeanee's pajamas and robe.  The girls always sleep in Terry's old t-shirts and it fits them like a nightgown.  So everything is fresh from the line and back in the house.  A little gift bracelet, packed in a be-ribboned box,  on each pillow.  and a bouquet of beautiful fresh flowers sits on the nightstand near the window.  All in readiness for a very late night arrival after hours of flying cross country.

Tomorrow morning they will check out everything in the house including the saved cupboard and eat the golden raspberries that await picking.  We will catch up on what their school year was like and maybe they will polish my nails.  

At some point they will help take their $5 yardsale bikes down from the garage rafters and go for a ride.    

Life will now take on a very feverish pace balanced with many times of relaxing, visiting, reading, cooking/baking.

I love my Children, their Spouses and my Grandchildren and even my 2 little Great Grands!!  My heart is open to love.  In my Ward there are many that are like sisters to me or daughters or grandchildren.  We have the power to shower love and meet those needs and fill in little missing spots in each others lives by caring and loving each other.  Sometimes we sub or are proxy when someone is missing and needing a relative.  I went to Lydia's dance recital and loved it.  I couldn't go to my Gr-daughter Grace's Utah recital and Lydia didn't have a grandma here, so we were a perfect fit!!  We enjoy each others company so both of us were happy! 

When we joined the Church there was a navy blue hymn book.  In 1985 they printed the current green hymn book.  They added some new hymns and deleted some old ones.  Today when I was hanging blankets on the line I thought of this one, now long gone from the hymnal, but not my mind.


'Mid Pleasures and Palaces
(#185 in Blue Hymnal)

'Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home;
A charm from the skies seems to hallow us there,
Which, seek through the world,
is ne'er met with elsewhere.

(chorus)
Home, home, sweet, sweet home,
Be it ever so humble,
there's no place like home.

An exile from home, splendor dazzles in vain;
Oh, give me my lowly thatched cottage again;
The birds singing gaily, that came at my call;
Oh, give me that peace of mind, dearer than all.

(chorus)
Home, home, sweet, sweet home,
Be it ever so humble,
there's no place like home.

   

No comments: