Thursday, June 30, 2011

Follow-up.... One Last Thought....

Ever have a conversation and then afterwards think of one more thing you wish you'd said?  or one more late thought comes under the wire and doesn't make the page?   or you read something or hear something or think of something and wish it had made the post?  I'm going to do one last thought on the last day of each month!  A bunch of  PS notes!!  Afterthoughts!  Follow-up!  Enjoy!

5/25/11  Speaking of Westminster Dogs  The story of the dog hopping on the sacrament table during the Sacrament hymn was matched or overtaken by this story from Maurine W.   Thanks, Maurine!  I LOVE this!!!
Okay...I'm just going to write it down, I can't wait any longer to tell you the other story. Yes, Bob and I were in attendance when the dog bounced up to the podium and the Bishop as shocked as anyone took a minute to jump up and retrieve him from the sacrament table. That afternoon I called my daughter, Marie, and told her the story. She said, "Oh, Mom, I have one better than that". A few months ago a woman visitor had her seeing eye dog with her. They came in and sat on a back row, she at the end of the row, and the dog sat down beside her in the isle. Well at the intermediate song a member of their ward was singing a solo when the dog decided to sing with her. It set up a howl that shocked everyone, especially the lady with the dog. She said that the lady kept singing, but she was so embarrassed and of course so was the lady with the dog. But, she said it was so hilarious that everyone else had a hard time to not laugh out loud....keeping a straight face was almost impossible. I had to agree, that one trumped our experience here. Before that I had never heard of a dog coming to church and performing as those two did.

Nancy....have a good day. It looks like a beautiful one!!!
  
6/13/11  CONTRASTS   Broadway Play.  What a feat those authors pulled off.  To present, just by a few words, despicable subjects and to manage at the same time to touch hearts with something or other.  An opportunity for us to tell the truth.  I'm reminded...The work of the Church cannot be stopped.  Daniel rolling stone.  The mighty Mississippi held back by hand. 

The train will just keep on rolling along.  We are either on board or not but the train is on track.  I hear the sounds of Chattanooga Choo choo in my head!!  All Aboooarrrrdd!

When you hear the whistle blowin' eight to the bar
Then you know that Tennessee is not very far
Shovel all the coal in
Gotta keep it rollin'
Woo, woo, Chattanooga there you are

So Chattanooga choo choo
Won't you choo-choo me home?
Chattanooga choo choo
Won't you choo-choo me home?

6/16/11  A Spot of Beauty.  I'd had these thoughts in my mind for a long time.  I moved past thinking and actually sharing via a post because of a comment made by a man. Said totally in his innocence, not having had a lot of life experience and truly believing what he said.  It was just a brief sentence and it pierced my heart..."this is a place you want to take your kids as a teaching tool and show them what happens to a person when they don't get an education."  Inside I was so emotional.  Who knows what the education factor was?  Who knows what's happened on his mortal trek?  It was devastating to me.  I lacked courage to tell him how that impacted me and why.  So I tell you!  Fat lot of good that does!!!

The day of the post our Church News came in and there was an article on page 16 about the dedication of the new Sugar House D.I.   The Church's newest welfare facility was dedicated (6/8/11)  by President Henry B. Eyring.  I was struck by his statement....

"God requires His children, which we all are, to care for the poor among them.  The way it is to be done is clear.  Those who have accumulated more are able to humble themselves to help those in need. Those with abundance are to voluntarily sacrifice some of their comfort, time, skills and resources to relieve the suffering of those in need. And the help is given in a way that increases the power in the recipients to care for themselves and their families."

No comments: