Monday, February 17, 2020

Read book...

I finished reading The Priesthood Power of Women.  There were no aha! moments for me.  I've never had the desire to be ordained as some women have.  I've never felt less than any man because I don't have Priesthood keys.  I believe that is the order of the Church and I'm fine with it.  The Author feels the same way.  She makes a careful explanation, backed by reliable authoritative sources, that women do not hold Priesthood Keys but they have access to the Priesthood Power.  

She is cautious and careful in her building and telling of this sometimes hot topic.

I found it interesting that her Mother was the one mentioned in an oft told story about President Kimball helping her at the airport.  The one about the crying child and the Mother not able to pick the child up.  Do you know what one I mean?  I'll share it at the end.  I'll find it.

The very long list of sources referenced, is a great place to have practically all things ever said, on this subject, in one place.  She used Elder Ballards talk throughout the book. 

Also the Renlund book - co-authored by Elder Renlund and his wife, Ruth... The Melchizedek Priesthood: Understanding the Doctrine, Living the Principles.  I want to read that one. 

Lots of President Nelson (about personal revelation and his talks and challenges for women... from October 2018 and April 2019  and October 2019 and etc.)

I enjoyed some Julie Beck quotes!


*********************

Found it! Right from the book!  The story at the airport...here


Let us Think Straight  --by Elder M. Russell Ballard  2013  here


No comments: