Friday, February 14, 2020

Love my guy!

Today is Valentines Day...a reminder day to let those you love know they are loved.  I love a  lot of people and shame on me!...no cards this year...not even the e-cards that I love to send!  My hubby is very sentimental and he loves celebration days and this is a big one!  Love day!!

Several years ago I decided to just give Terry the same card yearly.  sort of a GroundHogDay event.  I have done that!  I always have a card and he is never dissappointed and I have no stress!  I'm past the day of spending hours looking for the right card for him.  60 years of marriage!...Simply put- I love him with all of my heart! xoxox

This year, along with the card, I gave him his favorite addictive junk food...a bag of Cheetos-Crunchy kind. 

This year...I either struck a genius creative high in problem solving OR I've sunk to an all-time low of deceit! 

He is home-bound so no shopping.  Knowing he would feel so bad on receipt of my card and munchies...I decided to help him.  I bought some chocolates and then trickery of all tricks...I repurposed a card I'd received... into a card that he gave me!

I have a very close friend and she gave me a card that I'd saved because I loved her personal note and it just made me happy when I read her sentiments.  I took the card and cut it in half and took the front, stuck it in the envelope that she'd written my name on, with a heart around it and voila...a card from him to me!

I propped our his and her gifts, with cards, on the piano.  When he saw them he had lazer vision on the Cheetos...read the card and then immediately felt bad that he'd not given me one etc. etc.  I pointed out the chocolates and said...and I have a card also. He said...I hope it says what I feel.  I said...oh, it's lovely.  He looked at it and checked the back which was blank and I said...sentiments are on the front.  It read...You're so sweet.  He said he was glad that I had a card.

Okay.  In my defense - I did not state that he had given me the card before.  True - he did look to see what he'd written on the back but perhaps the excitement of Cheetos for breakfast outweighed further inquiry????  I count it as a save and a successful Valentines day!

Talk about prepared....2 Valentine cards awaiting 2/14/21!!!  I am so ready!!

*************

Our daughter shared this on FB -- if you want to see the card and him looking at it, last year. here

No comments: