Monday, May 13, 2019

still!!!

6 days into this 80th year and the feelings persist.  Last night Terry and I talked and it dawned on me that the feelings I have are beyond just being super happy...I feel joy.  I've felt joyous on occasion and for short lived times but I've never felt joy for 6 days.  Now maybe you feel joy all the time? and I'm the odd man out?  All I know for me- this is an incredible feeling and I will savor every minute! Not really feeling lack of faith but...the reality of life, or at least mine, is- this will fade away as that is how mortality is!  It's accompanied by a feeling of excitement and anticipation...that feeling of something pending!  What a marvelous gift I'm enjoying right now! Most exciting and enjoyable birthday I've ever had!  Most memorable!!

2 comments:

Natalie Thompson said...

Hey Nancy....haven't commented lately, but just want you to know I am always here...and always enjoying your blog. So glad you reached 80 before me! I have to wait until 2021 for the same celebration. I am grateful for all the experiences I have had thus far....some good and some bad. All have taught me something! The ones I have caused myself I might want a do over, but nevertheless, it's not necessarily where we've been but more importantly where we are now and where we are having! Love you!

Nancy Seljestad said...

thank you, Natalie! Except for Katherine Flynn (Kathy Broze), you have known me longer than anyone else on this good ol' earth! You and Dixie are same age...well, would have been had she lived longer! It means a lot to me that you continue to hang in there with me on my blogging! Sending love to you from me! xoxox