Saturday, May 11, 2019

And the beat goes on...

I'm still reveling here on turning 80!  It has got to be the most exciting birthday ever!  I'm blessed to have no pain or diseases or pending surgery.  My vision is fine if I wear readers.  I can hear okay.  My joints aren't in pain.  I'm not undergoing some ongoing affliction.  I take 3 Rx...2 for BP and one statin drug (by choice).  I can still read/study and understand and love doing it.  I live in a safe place with no steps and a shower and not a tub.  I'm right next door to the Church and only an hour away from the Temple.  I can still drive but don't drive at night if I can avoid it as my vision isn't as sharp then.  And on and on my list goes.  If all of these things started to fall apart...maybe I wouldn't be as yippy skippy?  I just know I'm grateful to the core of my being.

I'm grateful for family and friends.  My life is rich in relationships and I don't take it for granted.  All of my associations can be enriched by me focusing on thatk, as a priority, and not procrastinating a call or a note or a visit. 

I have learned so much in these years and I'm so thankful for that.  Thankful to see that I've grown and changed.  Thankful to have learned self-forgiveness and self-love.  Thankful for all of the things that have trained and taught me and helped me to grow over many years.  Thankful to realize that the lessons I've learned have mostly been hard-fought for and most were learned, in/through a lot of suffering and pain and I endured and stayed the course.  I understand that a person can declare in a sentence, a perfect distillation of thought, something that has taken years to learn!  I also understand that sharing what we have come to know, when unasked, is usually offensive and unwelcome and seldom heeded!  I have come to know that even when one is absolutely 100% positive that they are the exception to rules of law, be they land or Lord, that eventually they will be brought to their knees and cry Uncle!  My list of LifeLearnings just goes on and on...and on.

Yesterday I went to Costco and applied for their Visa card.  When it came time to enter my birth year...I scrolled forever!!  It was such a visual, of my reality, as the years whirled past until it came to 1939!!  I celebrated this personal milestone in my life by buying two perennial plants...red Knock-out rose and a yellow lily.  I desire to endeavor, and it's a goal, to beautify things in some way!  Right now they are sitting in front of the pale yellow garage door and really...they are gorgeous.  Hopefully I can keep them alive!

The other goal is entering pictures into family search/tree.  I'm actually excited about that and you know I have had a ton of guilt on my back because of my proclaiming that My niece has done our genealogy.  I went to a great class and learned (well, sort of learned!) how to use my tablet to put the pictures on.  I will need help for a bit but I'm really looking forward to it.

Yes...I need help changing light bulbs as I don't climb up and I don't do good getting down on my hands and knees so I figure if I stay upright...I'll be just fine!

Oh...I can still sew and that makes me happy.  Even looking at all of my unfinished quilt tops...it makes me happy!  That sounds like a winter goal!  but at this point I'll not commit (again!!)

 

No comments: