Thursday, December 13, 2018

Loving this season!

What a great time of year!  I'm enjoying this year and this season so much!  I think because I feel at peace and am happy and excited about being a member of the Church.  My love for my children is so tangible and I'm savoring those feelings.  Our family has members that are really dealing with a lot of health issues but endurance and faith and hard work, are carrying each forward. 

It is cold but no snow and I really want a White Christmas!!!  No matter how many times I hear that song...tenderness and tears usually happen and my mind goes back to frigid winters...wood burning stove...children sprawled on the carpet, enjoying that penetrating warmth and me reading a book to them.  I loved reading The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  It was so easy to relate to and had the power to bring you right into the story.  It was best read in the coldest of the winter!

Do parents still read to children sprawled on carpets with a fire ablaze in a wood burning stove?  I hope so!

*************


These 2 brand new videos, about Temple Endowment and Temple Garments, are beautiful!!  How wonderful!!

No comments: