Saturday, June 30, 2018

Getting a grip on life...

My heart continues to be filled with gratitude for the guidance and blessings and confirmation that I can handle my life!  I do not know how or what that means exactly but I know I can do it.  I've had times in my life that have been super challenging and are overwhelming to me but when my faith is in alignment of trust in the grace and mercy available through the Atonement, I at some point feel peace wash over me.  I seldom know exactly how things will work out but when that peace comes, I know the Lord is aware and He will provide.  I finally feel that peace about just my regular every day life!

That base of just regular living is usually there as a foundation for whatever else is going on but when I felt a sort of crack in that firmness, I sort of cracked myself.  Now I feel that marvelous peace, even in not knowing the outcome, and what is coming down the Pike.  I'm okay.

I realize that guilt/regret over the past and fretful worrying over the future are wasted emotions and the only thing I can live is the present moment.  It's called a present because it is a gift.  I can look, most of the time, at any given moment and really, everything is okay.  Nothing is imploding or threatening...so I intend to live in gratitude.... in spite of aging and as declining health encroaches, unwanted and uninvited, but still making themselves at home...I will just live in the moment and do the best I can. 

Reading in the Book of Mormon, I'm reminded of emotions vacillating and that is a part of life.  I enjoyed reading and being reminded of that roller coaster of thinking in Mosiah 25:7-11
And now, when Mosiah had made an end of reading the records, his people who tarried in the land were struck with wonder and amazement.
For they knew not what to think; for when they beheld those that had been delivered aout of bondage they were filled with exceedingly great joy.
And again, when they thought of their brethren who had been aslain by the Lamanites they were filled with sorrow, and even shed many tears of sorrow.
10 And again, when they thought of the immediate goodness of God, and his power in delivering Alma and his brethren out of the hands of the Lamanites and of abondage, they did raise their voices and give thanks to God.
11 And again, when they thought upon the Lamanites, who were their brethren, of their sinful and apolluted state, they were filled with bpain and anguish for the cwelfare of their souls.

and also Alma 62:1-2
And now it came to pass that when Moroni had received this epistle his heart did take courage, and was filled with exceedingly great joy because of the faithfulness of Pahoran, that he was not also a atraitor to the freedom and cause of his country.
But he did also mourn exceedingly because of the iniquity of those who had driven Pahoran from the judgment-seat, yea, in fine because of those who had rebelled against their country and also their God.

When Faith Endures

I will not doubt, I will not fear;
God’s love and strength are always near.
His promised gift helps me to find
An inner strength and peace of mind.
I give the Father willingly
My trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides; his love assures
That fear departs when faith endures.

Text: Naomi W. Randall, 1908–2001. © 1985 IRI
Music: Stephen M. Jones, b. 1960. © 1985 IRI
Hymn #128

2 Timothy 1:7  
For God hath not given us the spirit of afear; but of bpower, and of clove, and of a sound mind.

Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 
aLook unto me in every bthoughtcdoubt not, fear not.

No comments: