Monday, July 2, 2018

Love

In the midst of my inner struggling at times I felt so alone....sometimes forgotten...socially isolated...not sure how to pinpoint that feeling of less worth than a daughter of God, with a testimony of the Gospel and conviction of Jesus Christ should feel, or likes to feel.  Credit to my Co-d imaginings for feeling as I did!

At such times, tender mercies seem to show up.  Events that seemingly are just normal occasions, that occur in friendships, but these in their timing were a healing balm.  Just to mention a couple.  Perhaps you will read these and puzzle over...so what is the big deal?  Kindness and friendship and love are gigantic in scope if someone has a heartache and confusion going on.

**********************************

4 things that touched my heart to the max.

1- a sister picked a bag of cherries and set them on the porch swing one evening and then sent me an email and told me to check the swing.  I sent her a note and told her they were delicious and thanked her.  She replied...they were picked with love.

2- an invite for a surprise baby shower arrived and to have been included just warmed my heart.  Although I will admit that I got lost and didn't make it.  How one gets lost on a straight road while watching for a house that has 2 lion statues guarding the front steps, well, that is just unexplainable!  I honestly don't know how that happened.  AND I'd been there before. More than once!  I had no phone with me and no address for my GPS.  All of that aside...it was just marvelous to be invited into a family event that included close friends.  Touched my heart!!!  I did deliver the gift later on that day.  I felt the love.

3- a friend was in town from out of state and we'd made arrangements to get together and visit and get caught up on life.  Then she called and said two other friends wanted all 4 of us to get together at one of their homes.  It was absolutely wonderful!  To eat with them, be with them and talk about matters of the heart and trust confidences would be kept and privacy respected and to just feel the sincerity and deepness of that love.  To feel so included.  Bliss! 

4- several years ago a little 4 year old girl in our Ward, named Lydia, for some reason, in spite of her extreme shyness, fell in love with me.  Then she started to include Terry.  She sat with us every Sunday for 5 years.  Her parents sat behind us with her 3 brothers.  The only time she sat with her family was when family came to visit them. 

When she turned 8 she asked me to speak at her baptism.  She would send us notes and draw pictures and drop by and we just loved her so much.

Then they moved and it broke her heart and mine.  At first we kept in touch and then it slowly dwindled and then we started reaching out again and rekindling what was still there but neglected. 

Her Mother called and said they were coming to Zillah!  So we got together, at McDonalds, so her brother and friends could play.

The moment I saw her my heart melted.  She'd grown so tall and I just drew her to me and she started sobbing.  It was so awkward for her as it caught her off guard.  Her Mother reassured her that it was okay to cry.  We sat and talked and hugged and held hands.  Tears from both of us.

We are in touch on email a lot now.  She tells me that the best part of summer vacation was seeing me and being with me.  She wishes she could live in Ely and then teletransport to Zillah and sit with me at Church! 

My heart was so touched with her most generous sincere love and I was reminded of the duty we have- to never let love grow dim through neglect ...to nourish the need and responsibility we have, to express and keep alive that sacred feeling, with those souls that we really connect with.

***************************

Unconditional love is what it is all about and we each need to do what we can to let others know our feelings as we never know when that just might be the Rx that is needed.

By the way, I appreciate the love of you readers, even when I neglect you by not blogging!  Sorry.  I will say that I love you in spite of my rudeness!!!  xoxox

No comments: