Friday, August 26, 2016

Still Cookin'!

Emma is a friend and she works in YW as do I.  She has 5 children...her husband is a busy Pediatrician...and if that isn't enough to keep her hoppin'---her hubby is also our Bishop. I appreciate her very much.

Her family... (Emma I couldn't copy the one at the top of your FB. So I chose this one)

Thanks for sharing!

(a SUNNY day for sure!!!)

Hi Nancy,

I completely believe in meal planning. Life is so much easier when I plan ahead. That being said, I am not really good at it. But I'll tell you what has worked for me. It's similar to what Shannon does. I have an idea of what type of meal I'd like to have. I did crockpot meals on Monday because I didn't get home until 6:00, Taco Tuesday (Mexican food), Pizza Friday etc. And I get input from the kids so they get to have their favorite meals at some point. It worked best when I did the meals two weeks at a time. Some people like to do a month at a time.

It's really not fun when 4:00 rolls around, and the kids are in the midst of after school stuff and they are asking what's for dinner and I have no idea! Also if I already know what's for dinner I can prep in the morning when I have time. It helps me have healthier meals as well, so I don't have to used last minute processed foods. We eat meals together as often as possible. Dinner is usually at 6:30 when Aaron gets home. I think eating together is essential. It's a time to talk and come together. We learn good behavior, and get to talk about the day, and plans for the next day.

Thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts. It's inspired me to get back to meal planning! I think it's the right time as school is just starting. That way I can be with the kids when they get home rather than figuring out what to fix for dinner!

Emma
  ********************************

(SHARING AGAIN!!)

Citing various authorities, Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has taught:

“The time a family spends together ‘eating meals at home [is] the strongest predictor of children’s academic achievement and psychological adjustment.’ Family mealtimes have also been shown to be a strong bulwark against children’s smoking, drinking, or using drugs. There is inspired wisdom in this advice to parents: what your children really want for dinner is you.”3




No comments: