Sunday, December 29, 2019

Meditation

See the source image






















This was the first quote I ever heard about meditation and the Gospel.  My meditation ended up being private and thoughtful and quiet.  The stillness within myself, relaxed my breathing, as I pondered and thought about whatever was currently on my mind.  Because I've had adequate time, without interruption of others needs or my responsibilities, it has been a wonderful pleasant insightful time....a regular part of me in prayer or studying spiritual things for a lot of years.










Meditation, Meditate








Ponder







************************

Years ago meditation, in what the world was promoting, was more of a hippie/Zen/yoga pose/Buddha /Mahatma Gandhi association that goes on and on.  Nowadays meditation is a common word known to many and practiced by many.  I've been perfectly content with my own meditation method, as described above.  In my quest seeking about ways to move ahead in 2020, I've explored all sorts of available online sites about meditation.  I ended up choosing a guided meditation that deals with balancing out a persons life.

This particular one has a longer guided balance exercise with movement and then a 5 minute guided meditation.  There are 7 segments so, if I choose I can do one a day.  I signed up for this in November and have enjoyed it.  It will be of help to move along towards improvement and better health and life.  I'm about 4 weeks into this one.  I really like it.

The criteria for my choosing anything was- the meeting of my need for my end goal of a more balanced life- which will give me peace and knowing I've moved ahead.  It needed to have a time frame for doing, that is brief, as I cannot commit to something that will take hours on end to do every day.

The online cooking class is just what I need.  one class a week and no moving on until first week is complete and you've ticked the boxes.

I found another one that excites me and it is for one year.  It's called...A year to clear what is holding you back.  One very short thought every day.  Another one that you can't move ahead until the next day!  It's locked up.  I'm very curious to see how it progresses.  I'm on my 8th day today.  It's very nice.

These online things remind me of timers and alarms but with the advantage of being coached and encouraged and challenged.  There seems to be everything under the sun available!

A friend invited me to an online Everyday Mindfulness 5 day class.  It was live and I was glad for the invite of a free go at seeing how this was done!  I wondered what mindfulness was. The 5 days ended up feeling very personal and feeling a private group connection ...the facilitator was very kind compassionate and caring.  There was a trust in her.  She quarterly offers a free sample for a few days and then afterward offers a good price for a new class of maybe a month or so.  She was very available and I could see how encouraging the private group would be. My take would be she reaches out to help women that are overwhelmed with their life and challenges.  I can relate.

There are opportunities all over the place and it just depends on what you want to accomplish and how much time you want to spend on it and price also figures into it as some hit the pocketbook.  There are lots of options.

Online it looks like a lot of Lo here and Lo there going on about available meditation sites so I was glad I went into my search for specific things to meet my needs, with my eyes wide-open in order to my Becoming Balanced.  At least Better Balanced!!
**************************

5 health benefits from meditation here

***************
We are still listening to Christmas music and the few decorations are still being enjoyed.  Time to stow it away!



No comments: