Thursday, November 7, 2019

Trying to Abide (Part 2)

good morning...I continue to feel thankful for that challenge/invitation extended by President Nelson.  perhaps sharing my quick journey of endeavoring to discover-- how Sections 25/84/107 apply to me personally--is of no interest to you...I'm recording my feelings so I can refer back to this as a base.

I'm still on 3 parts....Home-Come Follow Me.  Stake/Ward-blessing of protection.  Temple-blessing of.

President Nelson, in this gathering process of us, is providing such an amazing protection and an abundance of blessings to pour forth by the planned massive flooding of the Church with study of the Book of Mormon.  Never before, ever, never! has such a plan for protection and blessings been announced.  There will be no escaping the fact that it will be everywhere...in our homes and in all of our Church classes!  The Book of Mormon will be center stage!  Fantastic videos are already available to help better visualize the printed word.

President Ezra Taft Benson was the first General Authority, that I heard say-- the Church was under condemnation for neglecting to read the Book of Mormon.  I remember being shocked when he said it.  I don't remember him ever saying that the condemnation had been lifted!  With President Nelson at the helm...by the time that 2020 comes to an end...I would say there will be absolutely no doubt that it will have been lifted!  I am not thinking that President Nelson said one single word about the Church being under any sort of condemnation.  I am just remembering the times it was said!  and also thinking...well, those days are definitely over!  Just reading the 84th Section and all of this popped into my mind.  a reminder to follow the Prophet!!

*************
You can watch these two statements in 7 minutes....
.President Benson  video statement and  President Oaks video statement  

You can read what President Benson said...
(about Church under condemnation from neglect of reading Book of Mormon. just a few of many)
 1975   1988  1987  April-1986  October-1986  1984

****************

President Benson ...here  1984  
My beloved brethren and sisters, for some years now I have been deeply concerned that
we are not using the Book of Mormon as God intends.

************
President Benson was the President of the 12 at this time-
“Every Latter-day Saint should make the study of this book a lifetime pursuit. Otherwise he is placing his soul in jeopardy and neglecting that which could give spiritual and intellectual unity to his whole life.” (In Conference Report, Apr. 1975, pp. 96–97; or Ensign, May 1975, p. 65.) 
******************* 


As I participated in the Mexico City Temple dedication, I received the distinct impression that God is not pleased with our neglect of the Book of Mormon.
*********
President Benson...here   1986  President of Church
We have made some wonderful strides in the past. We will be lengthening our stride in the future. To do so, we must first cleanse the inner vessel by awaking and arising, being morally clean, using the Book of Mormon in a manner so that God will lift the condemnation, and finally conquering pride by humbling ourselves.


******************

Section 84:
54 And your aminds in times past have been bdarkened because of cunbelief, and because you have treated dlightly the things you have received—
55 Which avanity and unbelief have brought the whole church under condemnation.
56 And this condemnation resteth upon the children of aZion, even all.
57 And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new acovenant, even the bBook of Mormon and the cformer commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to ddo according to that which I have written—


58 That they may bring forth afruit meet for their Father’s kingdom; otherwise there remaineth a bscourge and judgment to be poured out upon the children of Zion.


No comments: