Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Best time of the year...General Conference

I read about 3 Amish families that joined The Church, our Church.  What an inspiring story and what a bonus...they will show their stories in between General Conference on Sunday!!!  story here  My testimony was strengthened by reading about their journey and I can't wait to hear them speak!!

***********
I feel like I'm sitting here just tapping my fingers and waiting for General Conference.  So excited and anxious and ready for what is coming down the road!  My heart is tender with anticipation.

************
For quite some time I've tried not to buy more books.  I read CR talks as a base of my study along with the Book of Mormon and now the Come follow Me program (and NT study guides I like) but when I heard about Sheri Dew's new book about President Nelson...I immediately ordered it!!  Insights from a Prophet's Life. Worth every dollar it costs.  Fascinating...educational...instructional...a new understanding for me on the inner workings of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12!!...faith-promoting...testimony expanding/strengthening...AMAZING!!!  I ordered it in hopes it would get here and I could read it before GC and I accomplished that goal.  I am better prepared for GC because of this marvelous book.  It looks pretty worn already!  I laid it out on my desk and evidently rested my hands to heavy on it between marking and just resting on it!  When I finished and went to close the book...it is cockeyed so I'm trying to straighten it back up and have it aligned and books on top of it to weigh it down.  I will definitely re-read it.  Terry is thinking about having me read it to him.  I volunteered!  I LOVE this book!!  Did I mention that already?



No comments: