Monday, March 25, 2019

"Moses in a business suit."...


...What a quote about the Prophet.  CNN!  Wow!  here  This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this!  Oh, yes...I'm so excited my thoughts are flying around!

****************

I always say I'm going to blog M-F and then I let life get in the way and thoughts stack up and blah blah blah.  Sorry.

*************
I've been having a serge of marvelous feeling the Spirit in a really powerful way.  Like last night.  something very simple and yet the Spirit just moved me to tears.  Terry and I are enjoying the Come Follow Me program.  It's so important to us because he hasn't been to Church in what seems like forever!  He and I had talked about including music in our study and Section 25 and hymns like prayers etc. etc.  blessing on heads etc. etc.  We are both looking forward to GC and are amazed at the Prophet and the revelations coming to him.  We got on the music section of hymns and we listened and sang several hymns about the Prophet.  I would read the words first and then we'd sing.  The lyrics were so beautiful and I found myself teary.  Teary with gratitude!  Gratitude, for my testimony, of the entire package that comes with being a Church member.  

We listened to Hymns 19-35.  Then we talked about when Terry was the Branch President or maybe Bishop and he called a young struggling sister to be the choir director and she introduced us to some hymns that we'd never heard before...127 Does the Journey Seem Long? and #115 and #118 and #120.  So we played those!

Hymns have been my friend through my struggles many times.  They are comforting and reassuring and give me hope and peace that I will make it though whatever is mine to conquer/overcome.

When the current Hymnal was new and replaced our navy blue one in 1985...our DIL was with us for the summer in Alaska.  She, and our son, were there earning money for college.  She and I sat for hours, figuring out which hymns were new, and she played them and we sang them.  When the new Hymnal comes out next year I want to do something similar!  Thanks to technology I can go to the Church site we used last night and hear every single hymn.  Yes!

****************
I've enjoyed the parables so much and have really thought about the wheat and tares.  How that gathering is happening now!

*****************

The age of women coming to the forefront in the Church and what President Kimball prophesied is happening!  Everywhere I see women with husbands, serving right along side them, on the General level!!  I know I've blogged before and you know that I am super excited!!  Saturday I attended a Stake Woman's Conference and the speakers were powerful and they were local Mothers on high alert to protect their cubs!  You step in with the world mishandling children, in any way, including not valuing them and promoting abortion, and every woman's heart will rise to the occasion and all, will step up to the plate inunited fashion.  and the same thing holds true for demeaning of the female role.  What a day!!!





No comments: