Saturday, March 9, 2019

Change=Learning Curve

Preparing for another Sabbath and just feeling so peaceful.  I am loving this new way of doing things!  I'm adjusting to not having the close- weekly/1 hour involvement- that I did, for the entire last year, with my most loved Primary class.  I will always love them with my entire heart but it's a new program for all teachers in the Church.  I miss that weekly indepth study and sharing and watching them learn and grow.  The responsibility to the family, on teaching their children, has never been more clearly stated or more necessary.  What a great blessing for all the families.  And what a challenge!

The team teaching in our class is each of us teaching one Sunday a month, of the two designated Sundays.  I'm getting more comfortable with that even though we've only had 5 classes so far this year.  Now it's Stake Conference and then General Conference so it's just so different from old time classes but....

the changes are so terrific.  It's like the Ward being a puzzle of 1000 pieces and each of us have one itty bitty piece of the puzzle and when we each do our singular tiny part then the Ward produces such a wonderful program.  Hmmmm...maybe the Bishopric and the RSP and the YW/YM and Elders Quorum Presidency and Primary Presidency etc. etc....  they do not have one itty bitty piece of the puzzle!!  True, there are those that have a fist full of pieces but right now...for me...I've got one piece and I'm enjoying it to the max!  

Never have I enjoyed Sunday services as much as now.  It is so relaxed and wonderful to have so many weeks of just going and being a listener at Sacrament and then a listener/participant at RS.  There is no rushing around and no hubbub and definitely no exhaustion.  Just a bit of heaven!

I know I've mentioned this before about loving the changes but it's all still so new and I'm still awestruck and I just keep repeating myself!

Terry and I love studying together and learning, new takes on familiar subjects, and sharing feelings of how thankful we are for our membership and testimony.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it will not surprise me if someday we just go for Sacrament meeting!  







No comments: