Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Goin' to the dogs!

Recently my daughter walked solo across Spain on the famous Camino De Santiago!  500+ miles!  One step at a time!  Usually with some sort of painful physical challenge...blisters...skin splints...bed bugs...24 hour flu and on and on but persevere she did and continued to look for the beauty around her.

Actually that was 4 months ago.  She shared her journey on her u-Tube channel.  She opted to wait until she came home so we could watch them with her.  One evening we binge-watched all of them.  It was so fun to sit with her as she relived those many days.  There were tears and laughs from all of us.

Now she is outside of Fairbanks and on a 5 day dog mushing adventure with her husband and another couple that are close friends.  Her adventuresome spirit and the wanderlust and curiosity she was born with are a topic for another day!

She was here for the last couple of weeks and we enjoyed every single minute!  We love to be together!  This was super special as we were going through snow and wind and ice and freezing temperatures.  This gave her time to try out her winter gear for her dog mushing event!  She walked each day and enjoyed every stroll in the freezing weather!

Huskies, especially sled dogs are always literally chomping at the bit...leaping forward and barking and just pulling and straining and yelping and jumping.  They are seldom docile!  They want action!

and then I see this picture!

She was born a peace maker and she can gentle out babies or animals or hotheads and I see this dog is under her spell.  He looks content and not at all eager or impatient to hit the snowy trail!

Image may contain: one or more people



I've thought about this picture and how we each have abilities that can be used for the good.  I thought about my darling girl and then I thought about me.

Totally changing subject!!

I have a yellow streak up my back when it comes to explaining my views on Gospel Doctrine, if it differs with someone else... out of respect and fear of offending?  I find that strange when I really think about it!  Because I love doctrinal truth and the whole nine yards.

I remember as a Seminary teacher receiving notice, actually a list of falsehoods that we were not to teach.  Two stand out in my memory...One was the story circulating about the red-robed Christ and the other was about the youth of the current era being so spectacular, as Generals in the war in Heaven, that after their death, people in the spirit world would fall down and reverence them for the era they were born in and their accomplishments. 

Not to long after that counsel I attended a RS meeting and the entire lesson, taught with awe and emotion, was about that red-robed Christ painting being a true likeness.  and then I visited a Ward in Eagle, one year after that caution to not teach that story about the youth, and an adult speaker talked about how great the youth were and shared that story. 

Both times I was so squirmy but did I ever say one single word?  No.  I figured it wouldn't change anything and did it really matter?  Truth in teaching is #1 on my list and yet I had no courage to share what I'd been told. 

My friend Myra Faye and I used to talk about things like that.  I absolutely loved the way she would say in a class, when  she wanted clarity or didn't really agree with what was said...Reference. Please. I have done that if it's something that I want to look up and read about.  It's not the asking that I hold back on...it's if I feel a different understanding.  Something contrary to what I've heard. Then I stay still.

This entire new way of learning, and focus in the home with the Come Follow Me program, will require careful study and making sure the facts are straight on what is taught.

****************************

Red Robed Christ  link   Youth Generals in Pre-existence link  Both are FALSE but just backing up my story!

No comments: