Friday, February 22, 2019

Change=a breath of fresh air!

 The March Ensign arrived on LDS.org and I was surprised at the coverage on women and the Priesthood.  More and more we see and hear of women's involvement in so many things.  You know how excited I am about all of the things happening!   here  and here

*******************

Today this popped up on facebook..

Elder Dallin Oaks...
I have spoken before about how we are not accustomed to speaking of women having the authority of the priesthood in their Church callings, but what other authority can it be?
When a woman—young or old—is set apart to preach the gospel as a full-time missionary, she is given priesthood authority to perform a priesthood function.
The same is true when a woman is set apart to function as an officer or teacher in a Church organization under the direction of one who holds the keys of the priesthood.
The March Ensign magazine includes an article titled “Connecting Daughters of God with His Priesthood Power” that discusses this issue. I invite you to take some time to study and reflect upon the teachings included in this article....   link
*********************
yesterday a friend dropped by and we talked about all of the changes that have happened!  She and I both enjoy changes so we always have a good conversation!  I was surprised when she shared that she, and her hubby, had long felt 2 hour meetings were needed and how to do them (just like they currently are!).  I told her the thought had never once entered my mind but it is marvelous!!!

*****************************
I'm thinking something monumental will happen at this next conference and it will impact we women!  (us women?)  Well, which ever way you slice your bread...you get my message!

2 comments:

Natalie Thompson said...

As usual, I love all the things you write about, Nancy. As for "change", I think changes occur when we are ready to move forward with THAT change. Have you ever noticed how we are pretty much taught the same things over and over at Conference? Probably because they are the items we NEED TO HEAR and refocus on in our lives. The brethren and sister leaders take their time before executing change....and it's wonderful!!! Love you!

Nancy Seljestad said...

So glad to hear from you, Natalie! I hope you are healing and getting stronger and stronger. I've always been thankful that we don't get a brand new basic to-do list each Conference! I'm thankful that the core basics remain the same and we just keep developing those foundational habits of prayer and study and Church attendance and service and Temple attendance and those sorts of things. It's interesting how themes sometimes emerge. I also love how a person can listen to one talk and feel one way and notice one detail that is just the thing for them and then read the same talk a few months, or even a few years later, and still be helped/advised, but in an entirely different vein!