Friday, January 18, 2019

Figured out my "word for 2019"

I've now gone through my first time of teaching in SS with my class that I absolutely love with all of my heart.  It was the introductory lesson to our new Come,Follow Me program.  I loved being with them and talking about things and checking on their scripture reading (which was their challenge and my goal for them all of 2018) and reminding them to keep at it.  They all have active families and some even have Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles and cousins in our Ward.  I have 4, in my class of 13, that are cousins plus two sets of siblings!  (I have to change my thinking from my class to our class).  I realize that I'm having some pangs of loss, a very soft version of grief, as I let go and move on.

In spite of those deep feelings, a result of the purest love, I embrace all of the changes with anticipation and excitement.  I was with them and taught them for an entire year, every Sunday they were at Church so it's natural that I would miss them on so many levels.  I loved watching them grow, not only physically but most important spiritually.  This brief calling for one year in Primary was pure joy to me!  Remember- I served in Primary once, for one year, when I joined the Church and then 6 years later I served as Primary Secretary for awhile and then was a Counselor and that tallied up to around one year or less.  I was very active with loads of fantastic callings and yet never called to Primary until this magnificent calling.  Then the class I teach dissolves with the new program!  but...joy of joys...one more year of association with these incredible future leaders of the Church!

So- one Sunday accomplished  of teaching in SS.  I've taught adult Gospel Doctrine class in SS but never youth- so again...a new way of doing SS and I get to be there and be involved! 

And one Sunday also of the beginning of attending RS!  This new way of Church will allow me to always attend RS which has not been a part of my life for years.  I taught the Laurels for 5 years or so, then that one year of Primary.  Before that I was 4.5 years at the YSA Branch, while Terry served in the Br. Presidency, so I went to RS but not in my Home Ward.  I awoke Sunday morning and I was so excited to go to Church.  I felt so relaxed and so eager to go.  This new program gives us opportunities to visit with each other for a bit after RS as there are no other classes to rush off to.  I can see it will be a wonderful way to connect.  I know that even a Sunday connection can be a very strong connecting force.  Just being at Church and seeing each other, even with no chat-time, is a very strong empowering happening.  To be able to talk, even for a few minutes, will start a LoveChain connecting our hearts. 

This morning I happened to find, right at my feet, literally, stored under my desk more Ensigns.  14 years of Ensigns!  All General Conference issues!  I thought I had them all in that basket and had eliminated them.  Not so.  I had GC issues that went way back.  They are my favorite thing to read and re-read but...April 2018 GC was so monumental to me that I decided to start a new collection from that point so I have filled the landfill with paper!  This morning when I found those 2 filled file boxes, I tore off the magazine covers (for art) and the center spread sheet and silently reminisced by quickly rifling through the pages.  They were marked and underlined and starred and a few words occasionally.  They were familiar to me and that made my heart happy that I had absorbed them.  I wish I had the ability to remember all of them and quote them and etc. but that is for a life beyond this one!  My love and belief in living Prophets and Apostles is a strong center, my core, my comfort, my joy! 

I believe this...
1:38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my aword shall not pass away, but shall all be bfulfilled, whether by mine own cvoice or by the dvoice of my eservants, it is the fsame.

*******************************

Moving through the process of still plugging away on de-junk and organize and etc. this morning, in letting go of my cherished magazines (I LOVE paper!) reminded me of the need of keeping my eye on the prize.  I tend to be (no- not tend.  more like I am) feast or famine/all or nothing/pass or fail.  I set no typeical goals for New Year resolutions this year.  the 4 words I chose to live by were...move/nourish/refresh/connect.  The NYTimes offered a free 30 day course, start date January 1st, 2019, with a very small obtainable goal in one of those 4 areas, involving both mind and body.  I eagerly/immediately signed up and within 2 days I just as quickly unsubscribed!  Why?  various reasons...my LivingLifePlate is so loaded that things are dropping off the edges!  It was just one more thing on a list that was already weighing heavy. 

My word for my mortal journey in 2019 is Becoming. 

Becoming. In process.  Action.  Moving ahead.  Incremental success.  I do believe that I may have Becoming carved into my future tombstone!

definition of Becoming:

NOUN
philosophy

  1. the process of coming to be something or of passing into a state.

I think becoming could also be becoming in the sense of


ADJECTIVE

  1. (especially of clothing) flattering a person's appearance.
    "what a becoming dress!" ·

Surely a person would feel the Holy Ghost more as they are becoming...progressing...moving forward...moving onward in accomplishing what is important to them.  Step by step.  Surely that would be visible.  Well, at least I am of that opinion!

Today the deal was sealed in my mind and heart as I listened to an excellent article here and listened to Elder Holland here

Becoming.  My word for 2019.  I could have chosen ...In Process!  That is two words...I wanted one word...a summation...a reminder to me for what I was aiming at... and I like the word...Becoming.


     

No comments: