Friday, February 9, 2018

life happenings...

A couple of days ago I awoke to the hymn, When Faith Endures.  Understandably appropriate lyrics as I prepare to go to Seattle for surgery at the UofW.  Somewhat disappointed at my age to need a hysterectomy.  I really was happy to still be intact and now...pre-cancer.  Drats!!!  This will be, to me, space age surgery.  Robotic!  I'll share the happenings when I get back.  My daughter will arrive today and she will be with me.  That will be wonderful to have her with me. 

Also in my mind, a song from my Baptist girlhood days..Standing on the Promises.

Also Joseph Smith saying doubt/fear & faith cannot exist together.  You know the one I mean from Lectures on Faith.

Also the thought...His Promises are Sure.  Is that a Scripture?  I looked but not thoroughly.  I love that thought.
********************************

It will be a memorable Valentines Day!  Knowing I'd be gone for my Primary class, and wanting to send them cards, I dug out my Valentine card cache and found Terry's annual Valentine card.  I give him the same card every year for occasions that need a special card.  He only notices that he gets a card and that I love him.  He does not realize that it's the same card.  It's the love that counts anyhow and I do really love him!  Plus he is always touched that I give him a card.  Groundhog Day on a new level?
*******************
Can't resist!...to bee or not to bee?  I've decided that honey, for me, is a Whole Food and not akin to the likes of granulated sugar etc. etc.  Just putting that out there.

***************

So enjoying my cover to cover read of the Book of Mormon.  I try not to get carried away with footnotes and looking things up and all of that.  I do that when I'm doing my personal study.  This is just a read-through without reading chapter headings and the entire unfolding of the happenings just dovetails in a rather fascinating way. 

I've been thinking of the fact, that even in the Book of Mormon, there is a to good to be true occurrence.  Mosiah 9:6 and the next few verses.  Free land for all.  Do with it what you want. So they built and repaired and grew crops- all to have the giver of the land turn on them and they end up in bondage!!

Loving this quick read!

*************************

We know there is the scripture that tells us...about seasons...about a time to be born and a time to die.  I want to share two incidents that came into my life on the same day.  I will start with the death one.
Why even tell it?  Because there was a tender mercy in the tragedy.

We had long time friends from Alaska.  They became snowbirds...summering in Homer, Alaska and wintering in Galveston, Texas.  Their house caught on fire and they were both killed along with their dog.  The thought of their suffering just overwhelmed and horrified all of us.  Really, it was to much to even grasp. Nightmare event.  And then...the tender mercy was revealed.  Yes, the fire did the unthinkable to them and their dog BUT Ben was found in his recliner, she was on the couch, and the dog was on the floor by the couch.  Toxic fumes were what ended their mortal trek.  Not the fire.  All of us were so relieved.  I know not all tragedies have endings that soothe/comfort those left behind but I'm so thankful it happened in this case. 
~~~~~~~~~~~

One of our Florida granddaughters came to visit for several days.  We had a family dinner with our son and then his son and family came up.  Our grandson has two children.  They arrived with gift bags and I assumed it was for their Grandpa.  We sat down to dinner and Ava and Kai handed our son one of the gift bags and me one!  I looked in and yes!!!- a white onesie with- guess what??  September 2018 - printed on it.  Kipper had the same thing in his bag.  He was being told...there is something else in your bag!  check it out!  He dug in and pulled out the small ultra sound.  I thought that was nice of them to share that with him.  Then they were saying...read it!  read it!  he hesitantly said...wins? wins? huh?  He had his thumb over the T!!  TWINS!!!  We are soooo happy!  We were all yelping and Tori broke out in tears and it was just so much fun.

Life is good.

I'll be back here next week.







1 comment:

Natalie said...

Best to you, Nancy. Where I work (hospital) they have the robot that does some things, too. Have heard good things about it. I am sure everything will go well.