Monday, February 19, 2018

Feeling good!

Feeling tired but no pain.  just an occasional twinge.  I have been so extremely blessed in this entire operation...

A Dr. that has an outstanding reputation, did her job, and lived up to all the hype I'd heard.  Dr. Barbara Goff (standing ovation from me!)  Jeanee got on line and saw that she'd been on Dr. Oz at some point.  I have no idea why or when but that was interesting to note.  She knows her robotics!

A wonderful healing comfortable place to stay while there.  I had no idea that it was a non-profit.  It just had such a loving feeling about it.  I could feel it but it was later I understood why.  28 rooms.  a few minutes from the UofW location I needed for my directions and surgery.  They have so many amenities and so kind and caring.  If you have an Medical Appointment at the UofW then check with  The Collegiana.  It's old but we loved it.  Reasonable on all counts.

The UofW is a training facility so once you are transferred to a room there are different nurses all the time, coming in and out.  It was interesting.  They all looked like babies and you could see the dedication, determination, and desire to be on top of their nursing goals.  There were a couple that I did think....hmmmm....maybe you want to rethink this as your career???  The head nurse would show up every so often so the train never left the tracks.  I was happy for them to have such a great training ground.  On my day there were 20 folks in 20 cubicles, in the same area as me, being readied for surgeries by 20 Doctors.  Amazing!

A storm came in and the pass was a concern.  Kipper told us when to leave.  Jeanee had the car loaded and we headed out at his signal.  When we got to the part of the pass where the truckers chained up...trucks everywhere!!!  It still said traction tires so we moved on.  The windshield was not giving clear vision (like an oil swipe!) and then suddenly out of nowhere, to our right, careening in from some exit, 6, yes 6!, snowplow trucks.  Jeanee pulled in behind the first two and they totally scraped the road in that outside lane...the entire distance!  They exited and crossed over the overpass and headed back toward Seattle.  And us????...it was all over on the sleet and mess for us!  Jeanee asked if I thought her Aunt Dixie had helped us!  I told her that Mother and Dixie helped with the surgery and my Daddy handled the road!  I do totally believe in the availability and help of angels.

Jeanee.  If I could only choose one word to describe my darling daughter it would be magnanimous.  She helped on so many levels and did so many things around here.  We had such a great time together.  We can talk endlessly about everything!  We laugh!  We love each other.  True there are angels nearby but gone from earth-life and then there are living angels and she is truly my earth angel!  xoxoxox

I haven't even touched on friends.  Tomorrow.  I'll do it tomorrow as it's wonderful to have people that love you outside of family. 

I continue my pursuit of finishing the BoM by April Gen. Conf. which technically starts the end of March!  I'm just enjoying it so much. 

thank you, dear readers.  You are loved and appreciated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved reading about the snowplow! I believe in angels and miracles as well!! How wonderful to have that happen to you! What a miracle. A blessing.❤

Nancy Seljestad said...

thank you, Shannon! it was such a marvelous blessing! you and I are on the same page it sounds like with angels and miracles!