Sunday, November 26, 2017

Gratitude for a great day!

Today was a day that seemed unusual to me.  Again...I was not at Church.  4 weeks in a row.  In all of my years of membership, I've never done that!  A month of Sundays that just streamed by.  I'm surprised at how isolated I feel.  Uninformed.  Excluded.  Unknowing. Left out.  Did I reach out?  No.  I thought about the importance to our spiritual health and Church activity, is our regular attendance.

I gave this scripture a lot of thought...

Moroni 6:
4... they were numbered among the people of the bchurch of Christ; and their cnames were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually dwatchful unto prayer, erelying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and the finisher of their faith.
And the achurch did meet together boft, to cfast and to pray, and to speak one with another concerning the welfare of their souls.
And they did ameet together oft to partake of bread and wine, in bremembrance of the Lord Jesus.
So enough about missing Church!  Terry is feeling somewhat better.  I'm feeling good.  so life is moving ahead.
Our Thanksgiving was wonderful!  David and his family came.  I protested that we were not prepared for anything or anyone- infirmary here!- and he reassured me that he was bringing the fixin's and cooking and they wanted to be with us.  And so they came.  And it was wonderful!  
They did some finishing up for winter prep...gutters and final raking and cutting back some things and ended up loading the truck with stuff for the dump.  Plus scrubbing and cleaning a couple of things!  My kiddos are hard workers.  So thankful for that fact.
As promised he delivered on a grand dinner.  We enjoyed each other and played games and watched some TV and visited.  Kiddos spent time on art projects with their Uncle.  Plus our Grandson and his family came by.  
I think it was at that time that I felt so happy and content and glad they had pushed their way into coming, by refusing to listen to me, telling them to stay home!  It was that feeling of gratitude for family and for love and for my own life and all that is in it.  Such a feeling of bliss. Peaceful.
Dave has taken his family to Seattle to fly home and he will come back tomorrow and pick up his sister at midnight from her long flight from Florida.  She will stay for a week!  I look forward to her visit plus it makes me happy that 3 of my children will get to see each other. 
I've been so excited about getting our tree up so Gracie and I did it!  Friday we enjoyed every minute.  Plus we hung the big wreath.  Now I want to put the garlands out front and find the Nativities and get them out.  All of the festive things make me think of the Savior.  The Light of the World.  The reason for the season.  The source of Peace for all of us.
Pictures?  not a one.  sorry. 
I'm looking forward to December.  Actually I'm looking forward to tomorrow!  

No comments: