Monday, November 20, 2017

Cough Medicine

Good morning to you from me.  As noted from my lack of posts- my life has been super hectic of late.  Isn't that how it is for all of us and especially, if we let it get out of control, this time of year?  So many things to be thankful for and to many to individually list but like cream, things do rise to the top, and make the list!

Right now, this minute, I'm thankful for details in instructions accompanying Rx!!  Silly?  Certainly sounds so!  Here is the story.

So Terry is struggling with all of his health issues, which have accelerated downward (is that a possibility to use those two words together?  Maybe plummet would be more apropos?).  Challenges abound.  In the meantime, plopped on top of all this... I end up with bronchitis.  Again.  Just like last March!  Go to Dr. and end up with Rx.  Again.  One of which is cough syrup.  Again.

And there is where the fine print on Rx connection comes in.  Cough medicine.  Rx cough medicine.  Not just OTC.  Strong and powerful stuff.  When my cough would get crazy...I'd take a spoonful.  As directed...right?  No.  Actually that was wrong.

Maybe this post should be about the blessings of the Holy Ghost and how even in our belief of our rightness, He can point out our wrongness.

I was sitting and hacking and was horrified when I heard myself wheeze.  Oh, no!  It's back!!  I sat there thinking and wondering what to do.  Into my mind popped the thought...Cough Medicine.  Read the directions. 

Really? Okay. 

Retrieving the new bottle of Rx, I read... take 10ml every 4 hours. What?!  (Don't judge me for not being the sharpest knife in the drawer)  I had never thought of regular doses being a part of the regime.  I just thought it was as needed.  I then found the paper with all of the disclaimers and side effects and realized how it would work in conjunction with the other two Rx...loosen and clear etc. etc.

It set my mind to wondering. My mind...my little mind that vainly thinks it pretty much knows it all...at times is actually pretty ignorant...sometimes. The wondering???....how many other things, including Gospel things, do I miss the mark, wonder why, and yet not check the details, for my course direction?  How many times do I do what I know is the best/correct way but if I really regrouped, reread the directions, I'd find I was sincere but off just enough, to foul up the very thing I wanted to accomplish?




No comments: