Thursday, October 8, 2015

ended up on soapbox!!

I'm trying to get ready to go tomorrow morning.  I seem to run a day behind! Just wanted to chat a minute.  Started off soft and sweet (at least that was my intention!)  and ended up....

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles (sheet music cover).jpeg

This attitude of some about the new Apostles and wanting someone of "color" is really bothering me!!  (will spout off on this later!  when I get back from my trip!!)

also faulting the age of the Apostles!!  Did any of these folks really listen to the same conference that I did??  Really?!  you actually heard what Elder Bednar said??  Even if he hadn't spoken about it, I really like the older experienced men (and yes!  I don't want female Apostles or a female Prophet).  I like someone that has life experience and is settled and someone that has proved their mettle by years of Church service.

So someone might want a 4o year old?  so let's cram in that time a 2 year mission, being a Bishop, and a Stake President, and an Area Representative, and other callings. Did I mention he is educated and does heart transplants?  Oh, yes...and he was willing to leave that and move to Africa for 5 years until last week?  Why last week?  Well, this 63 year old man (young in my book) has willing closed the book on anything he wants to do in life, along with his dreams and plans with his wife, and has taken on the role of serving until the day he dies.  There will be no retirement and traveling or doing what appeals to him.  He will now testify of Jesus Christ until death!  And you want a younger man???  This "older" man will never wonder what he might have missed if he had pursued a career.  This man knows because he lived his dream and gave it up to be an Apostle.  He has surrendered every single plan, every dream, everything that you and I just take for granted!!  And you question him being to old??? (Elder Renlund)

 These are the last days and I want just exactly those men the Lord has seen fit to put in these roles.  Their age, whatever it is, is fine with me!!  Older or younger!  but don't tell me that everyone should be young!  I probably need to refine all of this but I have a trip so see you next week!  Hope I don't come back and have to eat my words or pull my foot out of my mouth but REALLY.  Support the Apostles!!!

Okay.  I admit...I am soapboxing!!  getting a little frothy around the mouth.  A bit frenzied.  I did not start out that way but this really has me dumbfounded!!  remember this???

He was only 52 when he was called as an Apostle and that seemed like a baby to me!

No comments: