Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Homesick!

My sweet daughter, with her girls, is in Alaska, revisiting where we lived and where she was raised and where our hearts still reside.  This picture made me cry.  It's so familiar in it's beauty.  So homey to me.  I've seen this view for years on end and never tired of it.  Right now, I wish I could wind the clock back and return to the land I love.  I wish I could live in a little kooky home-made house, like artistic hippies do, and have that appear to be normal, without any more judgement than the folks who live in a yellow school bus tucked back in the trees.  Jeanee said this was taken at midnight, 40`, cold.  I can feel that pure fresh air in my nostrils and see it in the vapor of my warm breath in the cold. This what the vision of my heaven on earth is and I'll take it in all it's seasons for my heaven beyond this earth life.  How was I ever so fortunate to have been raised in Alaska?  Always appreciated and never taken for granted.  Sigh.  If I was young again I'd do a retake!!   (Jeanee is a professional photographer and I'm so proud of her artistic abilities!!)



Remember Elder Uchtdorf's talk about Forget-me-nots?  Alaska's State flower.  A wildflower.  Here is a beautiful shot that she got of a sweet forget-me-not.  Alaska's wildflowers are glorious as you can see from these two pictures

No comments: