Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Drop by drop...

My friend, Chelle, shared this incident that happened at the Seattle Airport.  It is so sweet, tender, touching and Christ-like...I asked her if I could share it.  Permission granted!  Enjoy this!

    Cool humanity experience of the day: As I approached the down escalator at the airport, I encountered an older woman with a carry-on suitcase and a shoulder bag.... She looked scared. When I asked if she needed help, she said, "I can't do this. I'll get dizzy. I'll fall." She finally agreed that if I took her suitcase she would go behind me. She was terrified but stepped on the escalator. Right behind her, a man and his wife (strangers) stepped on and began encouraging her. Before we reached the bottom of the first of the two escalators, the man offered to sing to her, and without missing a beat launched in to a heartfelt rendition of "You Are My Sunshine." I'm pretty sure I heard other travelers join in before we reached the bottom. By then, the scared woman was smiling and laughing. We all went separate ways, and I think we all had big smiles on our faces.
    You never know who might need you, and what small thing you might be able to offer.

No comments: