Monday, September 16, 2019

ask God...

Technology...so marvelous on so many levels!  Yesterday we listened and watched the Face to Face for YA right as it happened.  I'm as amazed and thankful for this gift of immediacy as I am for the constant source of running water from my taps!  Do you want to watch it?....broadcast

One of the statements that really touched me was the fact that Joseph Smith asked God for the answer to his question.  The listener question being addressed was about receiving answers to questions.  My mind held onto that fact...we ask God when we have questions...not Dr. Google or what some famous person says or the news or some disgruntled member or someone filled with supposition.  We ask God.

That led me to really think about the power of prayer and how thankful I am that through my membership in the Church I've learned to pray.  What a blessing that is to me.  To know how to pray and access my Father in Heaven through His Son Jesus Christ.  Truly thankful!

This morning I was still mulling over the ask God comment and being reminded that the fact of asking, is so important to me.  In my morning ponderings I remembered a Baptist hymn...Prayer Lifted Me.  As I started to run the lyrics through my mind, I realized it wasn't prayer...it was love.  It was titled...Love Lifted Me.

I remembered Dixie and I sitting side by side,  in a small basement Church that was the beginning of Faith Baptist Church in Spenard, Alaska.  The Preacher would call out that Hymn title and his wife would roll the chords across the piano keys and we would sing with all our hearts.  Sometimes he would feel to have us sing it again.  Sometimes he would preach in between our singing the second time, while his wife chorded in the background and then we'd go at it again. It was joyous!

Enjoy....Love Lifted Me   (a very large congregation here.  we didn't do that toe lift!)

2 comments:

Natalie Thompson said...

Love lifted me, love lifted me,
When nothing else would help,
Love lifted me.

I remember my days in school in the deep south when prayer and religion was still there in school. We sang this song, too, Nancy!

Nancy Seljestad said...

Wasn't is wonderful to sing that??? It was always so upbeat and everyone seemed so happy!
Love you, dear Natalie! xoxox