Thursday, August 15, 2019

Onward...ever onward!

Again.  Here I go again. Trying to convince myself that it's good for me to share how I feel even when I'm filled with self-doubt...yet not enough doubt to just bag the entire blog.  So as I said...Again.  Here I go again!!

Terry's health didn't make it possible to go to McCall for our annual get-together.  2nd year in a row.  Still aiming at next year!  Our 5 kiddos are so awesome.  They ended up coming here!  We live in a very small place and even though it's 2 bedrooms, it's now more like no extra bedroom.  Terry spends more nights back there than he used to.  They rented hotel rooms at a nearby Hotel and had the advantage of privacy and a pool and hot tub and a breakfast and an evening light meal also- plus they could bring dogs!! So we ended up with 20 here and then 5 up in Kennewick...where our grandson and family live.  We went up there for our big seafood celebration.  25 people!  awesome!!

Our sweet Granddaughter -Cassie- wanted some alone time so she came out and we had almost 3 days alone.  She and I love to sit and talk!  We talk a lot about everything plus she loves to watch Jaws-type movies with her Poppa.  She bought him a T-shirt with the Jaws shark on it, that matches hers!

We ate and talked our way through our time together and it was amazing.  I picked her up from the airport and she was hungry so we went to Hoptown Wood Fired Pizza (she loves the pizza and rootbeer!)  Then we came home and she saw her Poppa and Uncle Kipper.  She then wanted us to go get a manicure so we headed back to Yakima and after gorgeous nails, we ate at Teriyaki Grill.  Next day I took her to Prosser to Jades British Bakery as a surprise for breakfast. We also covered food trucks in Sunnyside  and another surprise, our tradition, lunch at the White House Cafe plus Mongolian Grill!  And another tradition...WTC matinee...this year Singin' in the Rain...and to say hi to Sophia Bos!  We also visited the newly opened place in Zillah...The Calico Cat Cafe.  (We did not eat but did visit and see their establishment that offers employment for some challenged folks...like autism and serve food plus a separate area where you can adopt cats.  It's a non-profit from what I understand.)

She shopped and bought a couple of things and I sat and watched!!  from the car!!

It was magic.  Memories are magic!!  Especially magic when it's familiar and tradition...even something like Cassie making sourdough starter and later cooking pancakes when others arrived or she and I grinding wheat and making bread. 

Life has been a bit overwhelming and as I've readjusted to yet another level of change, I find memories, and talking about them or actually repeating them,  makes life so meaningful and comforting with the familiarity. 

Lately I've had others, from my past, reach out with a shared memory and it has added a level of richness that I enjoy walking down memory lane with someone I shared it with.  Now I form new memories with those around me.  And that includes you!!!

video pancakes...here

Image may contain: 3 people, including Nancy Seljestad, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

Image may contain: 2 people, including Cassie L. James, people smiling, people sitting, closeup and indoor


No comments: