Thursday, May 3, 2018

Potpourri

As I continue to regroup and figure out how to do things as usual, when I can't really do that as usual feat!  Take vacuuming.  First of all- let it be known that my brain was in freeze mode in thinking that everything would just always be as they are- and I have clear vision that the old way is not going to keep working or return to working and then...I just sit in a hole and expect life to suddenly be back to normal.  I seem to space out that I'm figuring out a NewNorm with me being the star player.  At last!  I'm wising up but really not of my own doing.  Inspiration on very simple things that make life as I'd like it to be.  Well, at least on vacuuming!

For almost 12 weeks, that would be 3 months on next Monday!, I was told not to vacuum.  Pride ruled the day and did I let on to anyone that offered to help in anyway, to please, vacuum?  No.  No I did not do that.

Then came the dawning, as I realized vacuuming, somehow or other needed to be managed on a higher plane.  One that kept the carpet/floor clean but did away with accumulation of dirt/dust and the hauling out the vacuum!

As I really gave this massive think/thought/pondering after amassing more frustration that is good for BloodPressure, I finally had this marvelous thought enter my mind....buy a carpet sweeper!  Now don't be rude and laugh or be mean with comments like...really, this gal needs to get a life!

House stuff is all on me (except for dishes which Hubby still does) so I'm looking for ways to streamline etc. in the regrouping process.

At first I wanted a Fuller carpet sweeper because of the company reputation.  Terry did a lot of research on which one is rated best and when I got to the store they didn't have the Fuller one but I saw the Shark one and remembered that had a really high rating star-wise so I got it.  It's battery powered, which I wasn't sure I'd like it but is really quite the little gem.

Enjoying it so much that I could do an ad for them!!  It's super light weight and goes right to edge and can be used on carpet/tile/linoleum etc.  It does a terrific job picking up the visible and invisible!  So I just give it a go in the evening, and do whatever I feel ambitious enough to do, and voila!, in the morning when I get up the floor is decent!!  One of the great things about this ...this gives me the freedom if things are chaotic around here, I don't have to feel like I'm living in a mess floor wise.

I wish I'd bought one years ago!  Again...don't be rude and tell me how many years you have used a carpet sweeper and how far I am behind the times!

One thing figure out on my regrouping!

*************************

I'm going to watch the BYU Women's Conference on live streaming in 12 minutes.  What an amazing thing that we have access to so much!!  I can hardly wait!

*******************************
The Book of Mormon read that I'm doing is just so incredible.  I love it!!  It just touches my heart and warms my soul and blesses me every single day that I read.  

Recently I read the part about the weapons of war being buried.  I thought it was just one group that did it and I realized that actually 3 groups buried them, at different times  but for the same reason.  How did I miss that before?  A bit of trivia, that won't get me a pass into TheKingdom, but is of interest to me...for what reason?...I have no idea.

Just like I also found a bit of insight into the fathers and their attitude and faith (of those stripling warriors)

more later.  going to go listen and learn.

I'M BACK.  GREAT TALKS AS LDS WOMEN ARE BEING TAUGHT TO BE REAL ABOUT WHAT THEY CAN DO WITH THE ALLOTMENT OF TIME IN EACH DAY.  COMMON SENSE TALKS AND I LOVED THEM!!
**************************

Anyhow.  Maybe your want to read those 3 times of weapon burying.  Maybe you are yawning.  Maybe you are saying...how could she not know this!?  Everyone realizes 3 groups did it!  Why would she say one group?  Whatever your mindset, I'm going to share them.  for some reason I just find it sooooo interesting.

#1 Alma 24:19 And thus we see that, when these Lamanites were brought to believe and to know the truth, they were firm, and would suffer even unto death rather than commit sin; and thus we see that they buried their weapons of peace, or they buried the weapons of war, for peace.

#2 Alma 24:23 Now when the Lamanites saw that their brethren would not flee from the sword, neither would they turn aside to the right hand or to the left, but that they would lie down and perish, and praised God even in the very act of perishing under the sword—
24 Now when the Lamanites saw this they did forbear from slaying them; and there were many whose hearts had swollen in them for those of their brethren who had fallen under the sword, for they repented of the things which they had done.
25 And it came to pass that they threw down their weapons of war, and they would not take them again, for they were stung for the murders which they had committed; and they came down even as their brethren, relying upon the mercies of those whose arms were lifted to slay them.
#3 Alma 25:13 And it came to pass that when the Lamanites saw that they could not overpower the Nephites they returned again to their own land; and many of them came over to dwell in the land of Ishmael and the land of Nephi, and did join themselves to the people of God, who were the people of Anti-Nephi-Lehi.
14 And they did also bury their weapons of war, according as their brethren had, and they began to be a righteous people; and they did walk in the ways of the Lord, and did observe to keep his commandments and his statutes.
**************************************
Okay.  I correct myself.  group #1 and #3 buried them and group #2 threw them down and would not take them again.  I still like that bit of trivia!

  

No comments: