Friday, May 18, 2018

good morning!

It's getting very close to being two years since Dixie passed away.  I miss her so much.  She and I both enjoyed things Royal.  I've watched a lot of documentaries about the complications of Kings/Queens and she loved all the glamour and the jewels.  We both liked the history of Royalty.

We were on a sister trip when Princess Diana met with her untimely death.  Sitting in a hotel and watching the broadcast.  We both got up, in the middle of the night, and had previously watched her wedding and faulted the bulky voluminous wedding gown...we did the same early awakening for her funeral.

Now there is another Royal Wedding on Saturday and I miss her.  She would always call me and talk about what we should wear for the TV watching!  And what jewels we should don.  She loved beautiful sparkly classy jewelry and was always encouraging me to get more glitzy.  Which I never really did but I do love pins and rings.  I think she kept HSN on the air with just her fine jewelery purchases alone!

Today I remembered a pin she sent me and I have saved the note.  I wish I could post a picture on here.  It's a very ornate circular style sparkly pin.  Very formal and classy.  It arrived in a package for my birthday.  I keep the note with it...
Happy Birthday Sissy!
This pin is not only
to celebrate your
birthday but also in 
remembrance of the
Royal Wedding of
William and Catherine.  I 
know you would have
worn it if our invitation
hadn't been lost in 
the mail.
Happy Birthday
xo Dixie xo

*********
I'm watching with fascination all of the changes that are happening or going to happen in the Church.  Still amazed seeing that President Kimball statement, surely of Prophecy, come about regarding growth of the Church, in the last days, and women's role.   

Speaking of history...did you see that very brief press conference yesterday, with President Nelson and the President of the NAACP?  We know that President Nelson, is President of the the Church and he is also Prophet for the entire world.  He spoke and invited the entire world to be one.  He quoted the Doctrine and Covenants but he just referred to it as scripture.  The source though is in the printed remarks.  You missed it?  well...here it is!  The meeting was held in the Church Office Building.  Amazing to me!

President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints shakes hands with Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the NAACP, right, during a press conference in Salt Lake City on Thursday, May 17, 2018.


********************

In my lifetime I've had lots of challenges which is normal in a mortal experience.  Life never stays the same.  The years go by and the seasons just naturally blend right into the next one.  I must say, the most challenging, at least for me, is this particular season.  Can you believe it...I'm still trying to figure it out!  Here it is, 5 months into 2018, and I'm still mulling things over!!  Re-grouping on this season is mind boggling!  Maybe there is no figuring this one out!  Maybe you just move along doing the best you can and putting out brush fires.  Sort of reminds me of Alaska Tundra fires.  Everything appears under control and then all of sudden there is smoke from way below the surface and then it bursts into flames!  Maybe like fissures in the Hawaiian volcano...standing on level ground and it suddenly cracks open and then spews forth devastation.  One certainty in the uncertainty of walking on my own land with pitfalls of unnoticed quicksand, is this...I love the Gospel and I have a deep testimony of it's truthfulness.  no uncertainty in that area.  stability and solidness.  Yes!

************************
A wonderful surprise this morning!  A phone call from a Homer friend!  A former Seminary student!  Passing through Zillah on his way to Homer!  I've not seen him in years.  Now married and has 4 daughters and one grandchild.  He and his wife were just released as Seminary teachers after 6 years of service!  He was a wonderful young man and a fantastic grown-up!  He was the only student ever that was so touched by a lesson on fasting that he started a fast immediately.  Right that moment.  A teen boy that had eaten no breakfast.  He called me from school and asked if chewing gum was allowed while fasting.  We laughed this morning over my question of...how much gum are you chewing?  He was really gobbling gum!  He was not prepared to fast.  How I love him!

Life gets back to the same-o marvelous foundation stones...unconditional love and creating lasting marvelous memories.  Jewelry/sisterhood.  Lessons/friendship.  It's all good!!

No comments: