Saturday, May 12, 2018

Day of accountability! Mother's Day!!

A few weeks ago I was asked to speak in Sacrament meeting....ended up with bronchitis and had to bow out of that plus teaching my class.  A new month comes around... a new person conducting and lining up new speakers.

Nancy, you were scheduled to talk when Bishop was conducting.  Do you want to give that talk?

I threw it out.

(We both laughed at that truth.)

Well, how about a new talk and how about the 13th?

Isn't that Mothers Day????

Yes.  It's on Mothers Day.

Oh, no. No!  I don't want to talk on Mother's Day.  No thanks!  Never!

He was baffled but accepted the No! and arranged later in the month for me to talk.  

Why on earth would a Mother not want to speak on Mother's Day?  

Perhaps it's generational.  I have friends of certain ages, older ages, that detest Mother's Day.  And there are friends of younger ages, that also do not enjoy Mother's Day.  It's rough being a Mother and it's rough not being a Mother.  At least sometimes it is.

So I was thinking about tomorrow and my friend that is 80+ that detests Mother's Day. (she has 3 adult children).  she reminds me of my sister....  Dixie used to call and wanted us to run away and just ditch the entire day!

Then I saw this....here

I love my 5 children and all those connected to them!  Without them I would not have experienced Motherhood!

Happy Mother's Day! 

(I'm going to blog about things I wish I'd known and also what those Mothers of those 2060 young men taught them.  Not tonight.  Not today.  Someday.  Real soon!  It's planned.)


No comments: