Thursday, May 24, 2018

life goes on...

(Old Royal wedding stuff here ...can't believe I didn't post this when I wrote it...better late than never?)

Yes.  Yes indeed.  1 a.m.!!  I was watching hours of people, and I had no idea who they were, but I was watching them arrive for the Royal Wedding!  What a venue!  What a gown!  What a viel!  What pagentry! Oh, my and what a gorgeous couple!

Very beautiful on so many levels and also rather entertaining on other levels...some of the hats and the expressions on the faces of many in the audience when the Pastor got wound up preaching!  so fun to watch!

I justified watching it...aren't we to learn about other Nations?  Governemnts?

I did pay a price though.  I had a ticket to go see the 2 p.m.matinee of Blithe Spirit.  Uh-huh.  Yep.  Decided to just take a little snooze after all of that Wedding Watching and woke up at show time!  I was going solo so at least I didn't foul up anyone's plans except my own!

***********************

I'm still atwitter about all of the changes and we know we haven't even got them all yet.  I'm wondering how the dust will settle when we know longer have things so structered but just going more personal revelation.  When I read a report on the re-dedication of the Jordan River Temple and what he said?...I felt like this will be interesting as things unfold.

President Eyring

The unity in the Church comes as a time of organizational change and ministerial emphasis. "If you go through heavy times and lots of change, it's not going to be easy to keep everybody feeling united, and I think we're in such a time. We're moving at a great rate."

He added: "We're living in a time of an incredible prophet of God, and we all need to pray so we can be united, so we can move along wherever the Lord is going to take us."

*****************

 So we have everything new and changing and also endeavoring to do away with racism.  I'm so curious as to how that big June 1st celebration will be received.  I'm excited to watch it happen.  Love that part of technology!  NAACP and LDS leaders meeting.... here   and here

*********************
Also curious about accepting refugees that are Muslim and taking care of them.  You know that my favorite, learning unconditional love Article of Faith, is #11.  Time for it to come into play!

***************************************
and that also goes along with helping everyone we can...without judgment.  just helping whomever/whoever? with whatever.  a real challenge.

***********************

sort of takes us full circle back to what President Eyring said...

"If you go through heavy times and lots of change, it's not going to be easy to keep everybody feeling united, and I think we're in such a time. We're moving at a great rate."

 "We're living in a time of an incredible prophet of God, and we all need to pray so we can be united, so we can move along wherever the Lord is going to take us."

*********************
technically we don't even have all of the new changes...the youth program is going to be changed and announced in 2020.  I think that is the year.  This is going to be quite the exciting ride on the Old Ship Zion, as Elder Ballard called the Church.  didn't he say to hold on?  I am so excited for these changes and to see how it all unfolds!

************************
I'm giving a talk on Sunday.  The Church gives us so many opportunities for growth!!





No comments: