Saturday, May 5, 2018

doing good...

Very interesting, with all of the excitement about the new ministering program, that we were told before, but evidently we weren't ready and the timing wasn't in place to implement, on a Church-wide program a new way of caring for each other.

Sister Mary Ellen Smoot was the 13th General RSP from 1997-2002 and at some point she said...

No automatic alt text available.

I remember Julie Beck saying some similar things.

To me it is a terrific relief to be let free and not worry about the date of the month or the crafts I did not make and deliver or the cookies/cakes that were nothing more than a recipe and the constant guilt brick on my back that at some point slid into a heavy back-pack at times that felt like a burden. 

We are being asked to be like Christ.  He that went about doing good.  I want to do good.  I may not go about doing good but I want to do good.  And...some of that good will be directed towards my lovebug Hubby.  He deserves and needs my tenderness and love and care.  He needs my keeping care of tending us and sprucing up our little cottage that at times seems overgrown with dust and that sort of thing.  I want him to see me happy and optimistic and confident as I move ahead on my regrouping.  Using my carpet sweeper and my new Swiffer dusters!- he's happy for my new toys!

60 years.  That is a long time together.  We still love each other and he is sweet and kind and appreciative of my efforts.  What fellow thanks his wifey for doing the laundry or buying flowers for the porch or expresses appreciation for grocery shopping?  Who tells me on a regular basis that I'm adorable, his angel and he can't get over I have no wrinkles.  Yep.  Not a single line!  (Let's be real.  I'll be 79 on Monday.  He looks through the eyes of love!  but I buy into it and bask in such an amazing thing!)

To me we are invited to just be ourselves.  To do what we can, when we can, to whomever we can.  To just be nice to each other.  (whomever or whoever?  gosh, I wish I could remember all of those rules!!)

Thanks for being nice to me and reading my blog that I keep tucked away-- in feeling I'm just way to human for the ideal LDS women.  Oh, wait a minute.  Isn't that what this is all about...we are ideal in our individual uniqueness!

No comments: