Thursday, May 10, 2018

A settling of sorts....

Still absorbing the fact of all Church facets changing and all at once!!  The face of the Church and all of these new ways are not at all like the Church the Missionaries taught us, all those many years ago.  At that time it was about joining and adhering and being obedient and sort of bonding/being together, pretty exclusively because of scheduling of events throughout the week.  It was more about joining the Church and now it's more about following/being/becoming more Christ-like through membership in His Church.  Then we bonded/banded together as our Branch/Ward and now we reach out to all, neighbors/strangers, and invite them to embrace the restored Gospel and be a follower of Christ.  (I'm not talking about principles changing.  talking about policies and application and doing programs. Not the doctrinal things.)

Now some might think that is an exaggeration but it's my truth.  I still remember that RS lesson and the teacher asked about our involvement with non-members and we all admitted our association was only with each other.  That was a million years ago but it did happen.  Just like when the Church changed to the block meeting and members were asking...what will we do during the week now?  We were all used to Churching all the time!!  That change was of course sheer inspiration/revelation prophetically and lead us to this point today.  How absolutely exciting!

This morning, still in amazement over all the happenings, I awoke with a lot of scriptures and hymns running through my mind.  To mention a few...

I'm trying to be like Jesus.
Come follow me.
Have I done any good in the world today?
...I would learn the healer's art...
As I have loved you.

IF you love me, keep my commandments.

Follow the Prophet.

*Jesus went about doing good.

*Jesus grew in wisdom and stature... (spiritually/physically/socially/intellectually)

Those last *two items are my personal goals for this year, in the regrouping of my life, and they seem even more appropriate/on target/on track than ever.

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man. --Luke 2:52



No comments: