Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A newness


Yesterday was so marvelous as far as I'm concerned.  The changing of the guard so to speak.  We were up and waiting for the announcement and eager and curious as to the happenings.  How nice that we got an inside peek before the press.

As you know, from things I've mentioned over the years, the thought of the heavens being opened was so foreign to me that I did not immediately embrace that fact.  Yesterday I thought of how far I've come and how that very fact, the heavens being opened/continuing revelation to ordinary men for our guidance, is now a foundation, if not the foundation, of my testimony.

Also springing into my mind was gratitude.... gratitude for having that conviction coupled with my belief in Jesus Christ and Him being the head of His Church.  This Church.  My Church that I love.

Yesterday my wandered back to the day that we sustained President Nelson and President Oaks as Quorum members.  34 years ago.  2 prominent individuals, answering a Prophetic call, to stop straightway their amazing careers!  To cease before they had even retired!  The brass ring of life, within their grasp, and they were told to get off the merry-go-round and don't look back.  And they did it.

I've watched them over this 34 years and they have stayed true to the course they were called to.  I am not bothered by their age or anything else that might be bothersome to some.

Sister Ann Dibb, speaking at her father's funeral, first thing she said?... that her father was human.  So are these 3 men in the Presidency but...I feel when push comes to shove (so to speak) the Lord will inspire them.

Recently I was feeling rather tired and in my mind questioning and trying to figure out why low battery.  The Holy Ghost put into my mind that I was missing a key pill in taking my Rx.  I went and checked and yes (of course) that gentle prod was correct.  IF I, really mortal, can receive help beyond myself, as to a solution for a life situation, I have no doubt that the governing leadership of the Church will receive revelation and inspiration for the direction we need to sail.  And me?...I will need to adjust my sails.

Elder Uchtdorf?  I look forward to hearing where he will be serving in his new responsibilities and I also look forward to hearing him in General Conference.  His many talks have blessed my life.   I feel like he flew off and left me standing at baggage claim!

link here  My thoughts and testimony about living Prophets.  and especially here  and here  I did not realize how often over the years I've shared the love I have for this aspect, most important and divine aspect, of the Gospel but I've definitely done that!


No comments: