Sunday, October 8, 2017

Seasons of life...

Truly the weather at this time of year is heavenly on all counts- be it look or feel or scent.  It's comfortably brisk during the day with just the right amount of warmth and the underlying coolness.  2 blanket comfyness at night with bracing air through open window breezing in.

I love and appreciate the 4 very distinct seasons.  Each rising and falling and flowing seamlessly right into the next one.  Each lasting long enough for a real savoring.  Also gives me a chuckle with complaints at the end of each season.  Complaining about the mess of spring that requires cleaning and then the high digits in heat that are exhausting at times and then the raking of fall leaves and the cold/snow/ice of winter and so the cycles go.  Over and over and over.

Just like all of us experiencing mortality, isn't it?

I'm a lover of seasons!

And I'm a lover of General Conference.  Truly I think I'm more addicted than ever.  I want to mark everything and remember everything and I cannot read enough, fast enough, to satisfy my appetite for all of this.

I've added reading Daughters of My Kingdom to my daily study.

When I was in Grade School and the teacher would pass out our new Chapter books.  She would allow us to take them home but caution us that we were NOT to read ahead.  I would take my book home and read it all.  I never confessed my pure disobedience to my Mother or the Teacher.  I was reminded of that as I find myself going to each talk and reading the End notes.  Not looking up anything I want to go to and read the source but just reading what is there.  It is so great!

Life is great on so many levels.

Our son Greg, arrived unannounced, out of concern of his Dad and wanting to get him some effective help.  I'm not sure where he planned on taking him or what he planned on doing but thankfully it ended up that Terry has had less pain since he arrived!  Actually a couple of days with no pain!  Yes!

Greg helped me and gave me yet one more lesson in using my tablet.  I really want to stop making paper lists and put it on my tablet.  This is probably the 4th time he has taught me and it seems to go in one ear and out the other!  This time...surely I can master it!

Did I mention how excited I am for the new Sunday program coming in January.  Can't even imagine studying the current GC on a regular basis!!!  Bliss!

Things have been pretty hectic around here and right now Terry is feeling a bit settled and hopefully that holds and we can build on it and possibly he can start to be a regular Church attender.

Remember all of the tests I've been doing on my own health?  Just found out that I have pre-cancer.  I will be going to a Oncologist/GYN that specializes in female issues.  The appointment has been requested at the U of W and hopefully one of the two Dr.s, that my Dr. requested, will see me.  I will either be treated with Rx or Hysterectomy.

In layman terms...if this had been on a "watch" then it would be that time is up!  No more waiting.  I asked if it could wait until Spring and she said No!!  Now you know what I know!  I decided to just share here whatever happens.  That way if someone wants to know they can read it on my blog.  Also I seem to always lay everything in my life on my blog page.

Am I afraid?  No.  I trust my Dr.'s. here and those there--  I have confidence in their track record.  It is what it is.  I had felt something was wrong and was prepared for hearing that it was full blown cancer.  This will prevent what is there growing into that.  Growth will be stopped.

I got a beautiful blessing from my son Greg while he was here.  Blessings are always reassuring.

When I hear about the appointment...I'll share.  as things move along...I'll share.

This is a time for a family to pull together so we will do what we can.  Plus...I have you!

Of course I have all the benefits of my Church membership and the inherent blessings.  What a comfort that is!  This is life.  My life.  Stepping into the isolation booth, of the yet unknown,  as a part of my mortal experience!

*******************

Attacks against the Church, its doctrine, and our way of life are going to increase. Because of this, we need women who have a bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Christ and who will use that understanding to teach and help raise a sin-resistant generation.12 We need women who can detect deception in all of its forms. We need women who know how to access the power that God makes available to covenant keepers and who express their beliefs with confidence and charity. We need women who have the courage and vision of our Mother Eve.-  Elder Russel M. Nelson (A Plea to My Sisters)

No comments: