Monday, June 5, 2017

Up and at 'em

I recently learned that there are people that are called Empaths.  I'd never heard of that before.  Have you?  Empaths are different from Empathetic people.

I really liked this article on 6 habits of empathetic people.... here

*********************

Sunday was a tough day for me.  Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with my life.  I revert to allowing my co-d self to fret and stew over what can I do for HubbyMan and OurSon.  My hands are tied as I can't magically make life's challenges disappear.  I can't erase pain.  I can't eliminate suffering.

Spiritually I did not feel filled even after attending Church and hearing testimonies.  It was one of those extremely slow meetings.  I felt no obligation or desire to share my testimony.  The well was dry.  I came seeking refreshment.  Wanting to receive.  A dry hard sponge needing moisture.

Sunday School.  YW meeting.  Tank on empty still.

I read.  I studied.  I prayed and still the feeling persisted.  I'd missed choir.  I'd missed going to one of my Laurels graduation celebration.  I felt the need to come home and help Terry but I had missed a dose of Spirit.

Seminary graduation.  It had been announced for the evening.  Terry encouraged me to go.  I thought I'd call my friend Carol and see if she'd like to go.

My phone rang as I picked it up.  Carol calling.  I told her I was just going to call her.  She said...what did you want?  I said...to see if you want to go to the Seminary graduation.  At this point she broke out laughing and said...that's what I was calling you about!

So off we went!

Wonderful program and my 3 Laurels graduated!

On the way home I told Carol that I felt spiritually satisfied and it felt great!!  She felt the same way!

When we get down and out because of our life challenges...sometimes we just need to seek more Church activity that have lots of people involved!  Or even a few people!

We both felt that the Lord knew we needed that boost!

Walked away from my PityParty and have risen!

Fight on my men!
I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I'll lay me down and bleed awhile,
and then I'll rise to fight again.
                                                                                                            by Sir Andrew Barton




No comments: