Friday, June 9, 2017

Inspiring

This is such a great talk below .  It is so inspiring.  I've copied a couple of paragraphs to give you a sample of what is in store!

Musings.  He mentions musings.  I'm a muser. Musing and pondering are two of my favorite habits.  I want to share all I feel and think about.  Sometimes, I totally lack confidence to even open my mouth.  that is why I love blogging as I'm free to say what I think/feel but even in that I keep myself tucked away and only if someone shares my blog with a friend does the readership grow.  So strange to do something in the public eye and yet not promote/share it! Funny/weird/paranoia of sorts...to be judged in some way of not being worthy of taking someones time.  Me...the ever recovering co-dependent!

The compulsion, the deep desire within me, to speak my truth by writing always seems to prevail.  I love, absolutely love, visiting with you!!

**************************

  Great talk....."If Thou Art Faithful" by Gorden B. Hinckley here

EXCERPTS
**********************
To you women of today, who are old or young, may I suggest that you write, that you keep journals, that you express your thoughts on paper. Writing is a great discipline. It is a tremendous educational effort. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many—your families and others—now and in the years to come, as you put on paper some of your experiences and some of your musings.
**************************
She was to write, giving expression to her thoughts.

****************************
To you women of today, who are old or young, may I suggest that you write, that you keep journals, that you express your thoughts on paper. Writing is a great discipline. It is a tremendous educational effort. It will assist you in various ways, Emma was to be ordained under the hand of Joseph “to expound scriptures, and to exhort the church, according as it shall be given thee by my Spirit.” (D&C 25:7.)

**********************
I believe he is saying to each of us, be happy. The gospel is a thing of joy. It provides us with a reason for gladness. Of course there are times of sorrow. Of course there are hours of concern and anxiety. We all worry. But the Lord has told us to lift our hearts and rejoice. I see so many people, including many women, who seem never to see the sunshine, but who constantly walk with storms under cloudy skies. Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine.

No comments: